- The Spirit of God is always on the move (Numbers 9:15-23). He actively guides us and tell us when and where to stay and when and where to move. The minute we turn ministries into a formula, we are doing the will of man and not the will of God. Ask God now, is God prompting you to go? Pray for the courage to go. Is He urging you to stay? Pray that He would give you patience and perseverance to do so. Pray that we would practice active listening to seek His voice. Pray that we would stay alert and listen to His directions. Pray that we would not get too comfortable where we settled, because as soon as the cloud lifts, we shall go.
- Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1). Pray that God would give us the provision of His work so that we would see the big picture. Pray that the Lord would help us to recalibrate so that we would have the Kingdom focus in everything we do. Pray that we would walk by faith and not by sight.
- Pray for self-denying servanthood. Do we “need” what our hearts desire? Or are we getting distracted by the glamour, comfort and luxury of this world? How can we better use our time and resources to contribute to the Kingdom? Pray that God would show us how to live a simplistic and self-denying lifestyle so that we can be His good and faithful servants.
- Pray that God would help us create a disciple-making culture among God’s people. Pray that this culture would be contagious not only among movement practitioners, but to our local churches as well. Pray that leaders of the local church would catch on the Kingdom vision and join us to finish the task.
- Pray for access in some of the darkest places in your own community. Identify these places within your neighborhood: the mosques, the temples, the liquor stores, neighborhoods where the drug-dealing activities take place, the bars, red-light districts, families living in poverty or broken homes, places where the last shooting took place (If you do not know, it is time for you to do some research). Pray for these places by name. Pray for open door for the Gospel to penetrate in these areas. Pray that God would raise up laborers in these communities.